The Russell County Area Community Foundation is accepting applications for fall grants. Online applications are due Friday, September 30 (note new deadline). This year, more than $50,000 is available for charitable community improvement projects within the Russell County area. This cycle will fund local community projects that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Programs and projects that address education, health care, community social services and security, conservation and environment, arts and culture, and community beautification.
- Projects that improve the health and well-being of children living in the Russell County area.
- Programs and projects that aid students enrolled in preschool and grade school in Russell County who need assistance in order to obtain their education.
- Programs and projects which directly benefit the students of the Russell schools and which would not be considered a normal or necessary budget item for basic education.
- Programs that benefit public health and safety.
Funding for the fall grant cycle is provided by the Dane G. Hansen Community Grant Fund, the Kansas Health Foundation, the Helen A. Hampl Student Aid Fund, the Russell Schools Apple Seed Fund, and the Russell Area Health Fund.
Nonprofit organizations including government and public entities, educational institutions, and churches are encouraged to apply. Applications must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. on September 30. Complete funding criteria and the grant application are available at www.rcacf.org under Grants.